HealthScan monitoring notifications come from email@example.com, sent to email address used at registration. Please add this email address to your address book and check any junk mail filter to ensure you are receiving important notifications from the HealthScan service. Computer Advantage is not responsible for unread (for any reason, including but not limited to typos and junk mail filters) notifications. So please check your junk mail 🙂
Your privacy comes first.
Our light-weight Health Scan monitoring software is designed to provide best-in-class issue detection with minimal access to the monitored computer. Only the information required to identify the computer and troubleshoot problems is sent to our servers.
The following information is gathered about a computer:
- Group Name: We assign an arbitrary “Group” for computer(s) so we know who to call when problems are reported.
- Serial Number: the serial number helps us determine warranty status and gives us valuable information about the computer when problems arise.
- Computer Name: The same name that is visible in:
- Sharing PreferencePane (Mac)
- System Control Panel (Windows)
- Hostname (Linux)
- Monitoring ID: A random identifier is created upon installation for our systems to identify status reports.
- User Name: The “short name” of the last user to log into the computer.
- Online Backup Information: If online backups are monitored, the email address associated with online backup systems will be reported. This can be disabled by an administrator, but the status of that online backup would not be reported.
- Name and email address provided at time of registration.
The Health Scan monitoring client software does NOT track the following types of information:
- We cannot track screen or keyboard activity
- We cannot see the contents of your screen with the monitoring client.
- We cannot inspect browser history, or other similar user actions.
- The software can not read your data (pictures, documents, etc).
- We do not send full logs. Rather than sending full log files, the software only sends the results of the health checks.
- A computer’s physical location is not readily available*
The agent cannot install or update any other software on your computer. The agent uses read-only commands to perform its duties.
*In cases where a computer is considered stolen or missing, administrators can request a one-time notification of the reporting IP address.
Here is what we can do:
- We can tell when your backups are failing.
- We can tell when hard drives begin to fail, and schedule their repair with you.
- We can tell when malware finds its way to your computer, help you get rid of it.
- If enabled, the agent will automatically receive updates.
- Issues are reported to Computer Advantage support personnel, who will review and contact you with recommended solutions.
This software is not a computer management system, it’s only there to locate problems. We don’t own your computer, we’re just looking after its well-being.
It’s a health monitor, not a listening device.
View sample report. (requires a PDF viewer)
If you have any questions about privacy and security please contact support.
Terms and Conditions
SUMMARY: Health Scan is a monitoring service and does not include any stated or implied warranties.
When you purchase and activate HealthScan, you are agreeing to these Terms & Conditions.
HealthScan Services are not product warranties or an extended service contract, but rather a program that provides additional access to technical support resources and services only. Your rights under these HealthScan Terms & Conditions are separate and distinct from any other rights you may have under Apple’s limited product warranty and/or APP and/or by law. HealthScan is a monitoring and notifications service only, if your computer requires a hardware or software fix, you will be responsible for parts and service fees as provided verbally or on your repair estimate.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Implied Terms. COMPUTER ADVANTAGE WARRANTS THAT THE JOINT VENTURE SERVICES SHALL BE PROVIDED WITH REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT ALL DOCUMENTATION, PUBLICATIONS, OR OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OR ON BEHALF OF COMPUTER ADAVNTAGE ARE FURNISHED ON AN “AS-IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AS TO ITS ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS. THE WARRANTIES, TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND REMEDIES CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, TERMS, UNDERTAKINGS, AND REPRESENTATIONS. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, APPLE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ANY AND ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, TERMS, UNDERTAKINGS, OBLIGATIONS, AND REPRESENTATIONS RELATED TO OR ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, CARE, SKILL, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. APPLE SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO (i) RESOLVE ANY SUPPORT INCIDENT WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF SOFTWARE PROGRAMS OR DATA, OR (ii) MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL LIMIT OR EXCLUDE APPLE’S LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR FOR FRAUD. NO APPLE EMPLOYEE OR AGENT IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATION, EXTENSION, OR ADDITION TO THIS WARRANTY.
Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, APPLE AND ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS OR ANY COLLATERAL CONTRACT FOR: (i) ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE; OR (ii) LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO OR CORRUPTION OF DATA INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA; OR (iii) THE INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS YOUR COMPUTER, EQUIPMENT, DEVICE, SOFTWARE, NETWORK OR SYSTEM; OR (iv) THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA; OR (v) ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, CONTRACTS, REPUTATION OR GOODWILL, REVENUE, OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, IN EACH CASE HOWSOEVER ARISING, WHETHER SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE WAS FORSEEABLE OR IN THE CONTEMPLATION OF THE PARTIES AND WHETHER ARISING UNDER STATUTE OR ARISING IN OR FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OR OTHERWISE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, APPLE AND ITS AFFILIATES’, EMPLOYEES’, AND AGENTS’ TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR ANY COLLATERAL CONTRACT WHETHER ARISING UNDER STATUTE OR ARISING ON FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR HEALTHSCAN.